Who am I?

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dries Velle, WIFI engineer. I am working in WIFI for about 4 years now. I am employed by a Belgian value added distributor: Kappa Data.

When I started my job at the helpdesk, it soon became clear for me that there was little knowledge on WIFI within the technical landscape. When there was a WIFI issue, at some point no one knew what to do and people were just doing something, hoping for the best. It looked a bit like the Wild West of WIFI: potato WIFI everywhere. This encouraged me to gather more knowledge on the subject.

The more knowledge I gathered the more interesting WIFI became, and still is. With this blog I hope to help spread knowledge on WIFI technology and share some of the issues and interesting things I encountered in my works as a WIFI engineer.

Below are some of the WIFI certifications I currently have are:
I hope that you will enjoy the content of the upcoming posts and that you maybe learn something.

Best regards,

Dries Velle

Comments

  1. Hi, thank you for explaining this. I'm glad I'm using allowed frequencies altough with higher power than allowed. Hopefully, as the frequencies itself are allowed, a bit (or a lot as in 1W / 30 dBm on a sector) output power does not trigger an investigation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The usage of the UNII-3 band in Belgium & The Netherlands